Physical Education & Sports Funding
OUR SCHOOL VISION:
To inspire and motivate our children to enjoy physical activity through the range of activities that we offer and for children to leave Vaynor with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
On 17th July 2017 the Department for Education confirmed that the Primary PE & Sport Premium funding would double from September 2017, to support the drive to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools in England.
Schools receive the funding based on the number of pupils they have in Years 1 to 6. Schools. Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1000 per pupil and schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
PURPOSE OF THE SPORT PREMIUM FUNDING:
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. This means that schools should use the premium to:
· Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
· Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
EXAMPLES OF HOW THE FUNDING CAN BE USED:
- To hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- To provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- To introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- To support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs and Change4Life clubs
- To run sport competitions
- To increase pupils’ participation in the School Games